MiXto Fractional CO2 Laser
Extra Light Treatment
$208 ($1200 Retail Price)
$248 ($1400 Retail Price)
$612 ($1900 Retail)
$912 ($2500 Retail)
Add on Hands, Neck or Chest
(Incudes Emu Oil and Vaseline )
$185 ($1200 Retail Price)
$225 ($1400 Retail Price)
$450 ($2800 Retail Price)
$125, 3@ 333 ($1200 Retail Price)
The future is here with new technology in skin resurfacing with the MiXto SX®. Combining the effectiveness of Carbon Dioxide lasers long known to be the GOLD STANDARD in wrinkle removal with an innovative "quadrant" fractional technology and a more tightly focused beam, the MiXto SX® laser delivers uniform tissue ablation to the dermis causing immediate contraction and tissue tightening. A secondary effect is the production of new collagen over the next 6-12 weeks. This advanced technology delivers powerful results without the harsh side effects and downtime of traditional CO2 resurfacing.
The MiXto® treatment is giving all the benefits of traditional laser resurfacing, without general anesthesia, pain and prolonged downtime.
The Benefits to the Patient are:
Immediate shrinkage of damaged skin
Minimal discomfort with topical anesthetic Minimal downtime (5 days) Softening of fine lines and wrinkles Removal of age and sun spots Treatment of Acne scarring. New collagen production for up to one year following treatment.
The MiXto SX® gives techicians the ability to carefully regulate the depth of penetration and the amount of heat delivered by the beam. The high-speed scanner driven by a patent pending algorithm divides the treatment area into four quadrants or "fractions" and skips the beam from quadrant to quadrant so that each strike is separated by the longest possible interval. The process is repeated until the entire area is treated. Dividing the laser energy this way allows maximum time for thermal cooling of the tissue, less pain for the patient, and faster recovery.
With this "quadrant" fractional technology and a more tightly focused beam, the MiXto SX® laser delivers uniform tissue ablation to the dermis causing immediate contraction and tissue tightening. A secondary effect is the production of new collagen over the next 6-12 weeks, which improves skin elasticity and restores a more youthful appearance.
Who is a Candidate
Here is the amazing part. Even patients with a darker skin complexion such as Hispanic, Asian, and light African American skin can be treated with this laser. Its ideal for acne scarring and deep pigmentation unresponsive to topical agents and peels.
What are the Risks
Just like any other surgery there are some risks involved with the Mixto Micro Fractional Resurfacing. Because only about 20 percent of the skin is "ablated" the risk of scarring and depigmentation are drastically reduced. Prophylactic antibiotics and anti-viral medication reduce the risk of infection.
How long does the procedure last
The procedure takes about 30 minutes and can be performed in the office.
We usually apply a thick layer of topical anesthesia 30 minutes before the procedure. A small amount of pain medication or Valium can also be prescribed by your doctor to make the procedure more comfortable. You will need to have a ride home if taking a valium or xanax.
What other areas besides the face can be treated?
The Mixto can be used on the face, neck, chest and arms.
What are the risks?
Erythema (redness of skin); the laser-treated areas have a distinctive redness representing increased blood flow due to the growth of the superficial tissue and collagen. It will gradually fade during the first few days. Inflammation (swelling); Treatment with the MiXto System presents a minimal amount of swelling that can last up to 24 hours.
Hyperpigmentation (tanning); This is presented after the third day of the procedure but then begins to shed and reveal younger healthy looking skin. A personal interview and clinical examination will be conducted to obtain relevant facts about your medical and dermatologic history, and any medications you are currently taking or have taken in the past. If you are prone to cold sores, you need to ask your doctor for an antivirus prescription before the treatment.
How long is recovery?
Most patients are ready to go back to work the next day, but it depends on the patient and their lifestyle. Typical downtime is 4-5 days.
What is the recovery like?
The patient is red and can be swollen the next day. On the second, third and fourth day the patient is peeling and can experience a little itchiness typical to a sunburn.
1. Avoid sun exposure for at least one week prior to treatment. If sun exposure can not be avoided, a sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater should be worn as well as a hat. A Sunscreen with UVA and UVB coverage provides best protection.
2. Notify your technician if you develop a cold sore or any other illness prior to the treatment.
3. Pre-Treatment prescriptions (such as oral antibiotics or antiviral medications) should be filled and initiated prior to treatment (per your technicians instruction).
4. Avoid using Retin-A or any other product of the "retinoid" family for 1 week prior.
5. Do not wear makeup,hairspray, and/or any facial products (including moisturizer) on the day of the treatment.
6. Must wait 3 weeks after a chemical peel or microneedling to do the co2.
1. Immediately following the treatment apply cool compresses (ice) to control any discomfort and/or swelling if needed. You may also find that having a fan blow air at you may help.
2. Once the skin is cooled down keep applying layers of emu ,vitamin E oil and aquaphor, unpetroleum jelly, vasleline and or raw shea butter to the treated area for protection and to promote the healing process. Re-apply and keep face moist for 5-7 days. Soak your skin with a washcloth in 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 2 cups of water every 2-3 hours for 10-15 mins.
3. The day after your procedure you may start washing the treated area twice a day with a nonsoap, gentle cleanser only (such as Cetaphil). A gentle moisturizer may be used only after you’ve stopped peeling completely! Please note that continued application of moisturizer will speed the healing process.
4. It is important Not to "pick or rub” your skin during the healing process.
5. If your skin is broken or a blister appears, it may be necessary to use an antibiotic ointment (notify your technician).
6. If your skin becomes itchy use cortisone and/or take benadryl
7. Prolonged sun exposure should be avoided after treatment. If further treatment is planned, it is important that you commit to staying out of the sun. A sunscreen of SPF 30, with UVB and UVA ray coverage, should be worn daily regardless of sun exposure.
8. Added ingredients to help speed up the process and heal the skin quicker. Vitamin C serum, Tea Tree and Lavender essential oils, Hydroquinone, Enzymes. (all sold at spa except essential oils)
Pre Care Co2 Laser + Contraindications
Stop anti -aging ingredients a week before treatment
Optional : Take 1000mg of vitamin c 2 weeks prior and 3-6 months post treatment
No chemicals peels and or microneedling 3 weeks before treatment
If prone to cold sores : Valtrex: 24 hrs before treatment up to 7-10 days post treatment
10 days prior avoid tanning the skin
Has to be off Accutane for a year
No alcohol 24 hours before treatment (recommended)
Can not be pregnant
Mandatory Recommendation For Post Care
Option 1:Emu Oil, Aquaphor , Vaseline (included with post care)
Option 2: Topical C , Skin Soothing Serum, Emu oil, Vaseline/Aquaphor (All Sold At Spa)
What you can purchase at the spa
Lemon Cream Cleanser
Skin Light Serum
Stem Cells ( Skin Soothing Concentrate, Intense Hydration Serum)
Purchase at Sprouts, Whole Foods, King Sooper:
Cetaphil vs. Lemon Cream Cleanser